Yesterday was something else … I don’t want to lament or complain about it so I’m going to list my top Five reasons why my Friday is Fabulous:
- God is good and has been giving me awesome lessons this week. He always does, but this week is different. This week He’s encouraged me to embrace the new and leave the old/past behind. It feels wonderful to know that I’m His radar and that His love for me is real and authentic and ever-present.
- I awoke to birds singing outside my window. How beautiful it is to be serenaded today. A girl could get used to this treatment :D .
- I received an unexpected letter yesterday from my mother. She sent me $100.00 draft then tucked an additional $30.00 cash in the envelope before mailing it. The $30.00 is very significant to me; one it reminds me of her unconditional love and how she tries to give me “extras” everyday and two it’s a return gift from God … or at least that’s how I’m going to look at it. Today I gave the Nursing Director at my job $30.00 as a contribution for the walk our agency did on behalf of www.NAMI.org. This organization is near and dear to my heart … I support any organization which supports the care and research for the eradication of mental illness and the support of those who suffer. My bread cast was returned.
- I have wonderful friends and family who supports me daily. They bear me up in prayer and support me in ways too many to count. Even if that support (Tamiko) means going to CVS with an angry friend (Me) and purchasing a bottle of Sally Hansen nail polish for $0.75 as a pick-me-up. For that I’m eternally grateful.
- Even in today’s economic times, I’m able to do better than alright. That’s much more that so many other people can say and I appreciate all that God does for me.
My Fabulous Five reminds me of the hymn below …. I can’t express how grateful I am any better than with this …. Whatever any of you who reads this is going through … God is able and even in difficult times He makes our lives “Beautiful”.
Now Thank We All Our God — Martin Rinkhart (1663)
Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done, in Whom this world rejoices;
Who from our mothers’ arms has blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.
O may this bounteous God through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts and blessèd peace to cheer us;
And keep us in His grace, and guide us when perplexed;
And free us from all ills, in this world and the next!
All praise and thanks to God the Father now be given;
The Son and Him Who reigns with Them in highest Heaven;
The one eternal God, whom earth and Heaven adore;
For thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore.